[Dovecot] Empty message headers (was Re: v1.1.6 released)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 17 16:32:40 EET 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> Then I perform (cross-device, "file" is unique through all cases):
>
> 1)
> chown user file && mv file ~user/Maildir/new

You mean the source and destination are on different filesystems? Then
this is more or less expected, because then "mv" isn't an atomic
operation. Dovecot sees and reads the message before mv has finished
writing it. That's the point of having the tmp/ directory. Mails
should be written there first, then atomically renamed to new/.