[Dovecot] More info from mail_log plugin

Bardur Haskor bhaskor at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:49:12 EET 2008

Thanks a lot :-) it works just like I had hoped for with IMAP. Unfortunatly, the mail_log plugin won't start with Pop3 anymore. I get the following error in the log:

Dec 18 18:24:49 bardur-desktop dovecot: POP3(bardur): dlopen(/usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3/lib20_mail_log_plugin.so) failed: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3/lib20_mail_log_plugin.so: undefined symbol: imap_write_flags
Dec 18 18:24:49 bardur-desktop dovecot: Fatal: POP3(bardur): Couldn't load required plugins

As I mentioned, I want to track when users read messages by looking at when the \Recent or \Seen flags change. A Pop3 session can set these flags, but I don't think (or know how) these changes can be logged by the mail_log plugin. Is it possible to log flag changes done by the pop3 session?