[Dovecot] SSL certs per listen IP

Darren Pilgrim list_dovecot at bluerosetech.com
Sun Dec 21 05:07:07 EET 2008

Ian P. Christian wrote:
> 2008/12/20 Darren Pilgrim <list_dovecot at bluerosetech.com>:
>> You can't do this with a single instance, but you can run parallel instances
>> of dovecot on the same machine.
>
> Thanks Darren, I did think about this option.
>
> Does anyone else see a value in my putting this in as a feature
> request?

Running a single master would be nice at least for in-the-box
configurations.  Parallel instances gets you some significant extras,
though, and Dovecot does a nice job of behaving when it's its own
neighbor.  The only main issue I ran into is making startup scripts
understand a multi-instance config.  The rc script that comes with the
FreeBSD port does. :)