[Dovecot] change sender name in Sieve

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue Dec 23 19:41:03 EET 2008

Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Jakob Grießmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks a lot for the fast reply! Any other choice to avoid that bug
>> without patching the package? I'm using vanilla Debian/Ubuntu builds
>> here and like to avoid manual compilation...
> Unfortunately, no. You could ask the Debian package maintainers to apply
> this trivial patch in the stable packages. Just file a Debian bug report
> and see what happens.

Or just rebuild the Debian packages yourself with the patch applied.

    1. Download source packages (orig, dsc, and diff files)
    2. apt-get build-dep <package>
    3. dpkg-source -x <dsc file>
    4. cd into directory created by dpkg-source -x
    5. do whatever it is you want to the source
    6. fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b

~Seth