[Dovecot] Requested CRAM-MD5 scheme, but we have only MD5-CRYPT

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sun Jun 1 22:27:38 EEST 2008

On 1 Jun 2008 at 14:18, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2008, at 6:39 AM, Richard Pyne wrote:
>
> > After upgrading my dovecot installation about a month ago, I have
> > started
> > seeing "Requested CRAM-MD5 scheme, but we have only MD5-CRYPT"
> message
> > from dovecot in my logs.
>
> CRAM-MD5 authentication can't be used with MD5-CRYPT passwords. See
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/Mechanisms
>   and http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes

Okay, so tell me something I don't already know. This system has run just
fine for over a year, and then all of a sudden I start getting these
warning messages. I have made NO changes to any system configuration. The
only changes that correspond to when the messages started to appear are 1)
I updated version of dovecot, and 2) I added a new user.