[Dovecot] v1.1.rc6 released (managesieve updated)

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Jun 3 11:25:51 EEST 2008

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008, Stephan Bosch wrote:
>
>> Timo Sirainen schreef:
>>> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/rc/dovecot-1.1.rc6.tar.gz
>>> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/rc/dovecot-1.1.rc6.tar.gz.sig
>> Previous managesieve wont compile against rc6, so I made a quick new
>> release (expecting rc7 to arrive soon):
>>
>> http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.1/dovecot-1.1.rc6-managesieve-0.10.2.diff.gz
>>
>> http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.1/dovecot-1.1.rc6-managesieve-0.10.2.diff.gz.sig
>>

> Out of curiosity, have you considered maintaining your managesieve
> work using a Mercurial branch off Timo's tree? I think that might be
> easier for you, and I think it might make things easier for others
> using your patch.
>
> You could use "hg bisect" to find the exact commits of his that break
> your patch, which would presumably be nice for you.
>
> And, it would be a nice little application of distributed revision
> control that Timo's working with.
Actually, I am already using mercurial. I use the quilt-like Mercurial
Queues to maintain the patches and the v1.1 managesieve implementation
is a loose repository. However, thus far I did not publish the
repositories because the new (highly experimental) Sieve implementation
is located there as well. I'll equip the Sieve implementation with some
extra documentation and warnings to prevent people from installing this
work-in-progress on production systems and then I'll give you the public
hg url. So, as a bonus you can then get a sneak peak into my progress
towards a first release of the new Sieve implementation.

Regards,

Stephan.