[Dovecot] expire plugin - setgid failed

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Tue Jun 3 22:02:21 EEST 2008

You are right. When I unset HOME before running expire-tool I don't get
the error message. I'm not sure how to add a user to the expire
database. All I configured is using passwd as userdb. I have include my
configuration below:

root at server:/var/lib/dovecot# dovecot -n
# 1.1.rc8: /etc/dovecot.conf
log_path: /var/log/mail/dovecot.log
info_log_path: /var/log/mail/dovecot.log
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_process_size: 16
max_mail_processes: 16
mail_location: maildir:%h/mail
umask: 7
mail_plugins: expire quota imap_quota mail_log
namespace:
   type: public
   separator: /
   prefix: Public/
   location:
maildir:/home/public/mail:CONTROL=%h/mail/control/public:INDEX=%h/mail/index/public
   list: yes
   subscriptions: yes
namespace:
   type: private