[Dovecot] typo in failures.c

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 7 16:28:16 EEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 22:55 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Saturday, June 07, 2008 5:11 AM +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > I wish gcc warned about bad enum usages, it would have caught this.
>
> Wow, that surprised me that it lacked that, as I'm so used to it on
> Windows. But I mostly code in C++ there, so perhaps the conversion in C is
> legal?
>
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-07/msg00375.html>
>
> Except that conversion from one enum type to another looks like it should
> be illegal based on that message.

I don't mind that much if enum -> int is allowed, but as that mail says
int -> enum shouldn't be. But gcc gives no warnings about that either.
The closest warning related to that I could find was:

-Wenum-compare (C++ and Objective-C++ only)
        Warn about a comparison between values of different enum types.

I think it was Sun Studio that warned about enum usage. Maybe I should
try compiling Dovecot once again to see if it shows more bugs.