[Dovecot] Auto creating client folders on the IMAP server after installing client.

Mon Jun 9 15:47:44 EEST 2008

On 6/9/2008, Radio Tron (paleywiener at yahoo.com) wrote:
> The "Sent" folder and missing folders added via telnet
> problem has been resolved.

Wrong... what you describe is NOT a 'resolution', it is a horribly
cumbersome workaround to a TBird CONFIGURATION ERROR.

If you have to do the below, the TBird is MISCONFIGURED.

As requested, please provide specific and full details of how you have
it configured...

> For the future, noobs
> please note: If you click on "Sent" in TBird and get:
> "The current command did not succeed. The mail server
> responded: Mailbox doesn't exist: Sent." then you got
> to add the folder manually via telnet:
>
> telnet server 143
> x login username pass
> x create Sent
> logout
>
> And THEN SUBSCRIBE to that via File->Subscribe.

This is ridiculous... you should NEVER have to do this in TBird...

When I set up someone, I compose a new message, click 'Save - the Drafts
folder is auto created... click Save As Template - the Templates folder
is auto created - Send the message, and the 'Sent' folder is auto-created.

If this does not work as I just descrivbed for you, the SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Of course, if you are OK with such a ridiculous workaround, by all
means, don't let me stop you... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles