[Dovecot] configure error on HP-UX: C99 compatible vsnprintf() call

Woonsan Ko woon_san at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 09:37:50 EEST 2008

Hi All,

I tried to build dovecot-1.1.rc9 on a HP-UX machine, but failed to configure with the following message:

configure: error: You don't appear to have C99 compatible vsnprintf() call

The environment is like the following:
  - command: ./configure
  - uname: HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64
  - aCC version: HP aC++/ANSI C B3910B A.05.55 [Dec 04 2003]

Also, I tried to run `./configure CC=c99' and `./configure CC="/opt/aCC/bin/aCC -Ae" also, but the result was the same. I'm not sure, but the HP C compiler does not seem to support C99 fully with vsnprintf() call.

Is there any workaround for this problem?

TIA,

Woonsan