[Dovecot] Need help configuering Dovecot to support folders that contain sub-folders and messages

Dan Roberts dan at jlazyh.com
Fri Jun 13 20:24:06 EEST 2008

The intent on my part was not to be trapped, but to simplify life.   I
don't work at a command line or system level on a regular enough basis
these days to be 100% confident that I won't screw it up, so relying
on a system that is pseudo capable of keeping itself together was a
saccrifice I was willing to make.

I have had the bad misfortune of running RMPs in the past only to have
things go very wrong - and they should not have, but for a screw up in
the RPM to begin with.  Back then, I was more than capable of fixing
things - but that was a long time ago.  So I want to proceed
cautiously and not blow a hole in the working system.

That said, if upgraded is it possible to resolve this issue, or should
I truly be contemplating a switch to another IMAP system?    Dovecot
is very popular so I find it odd that Apple would not foresee this
issue.   So it would seem that a solution exists, but I don't have
that configuration in play - at least I hope so.

Cheers -
Dan