[Dovecot] v1.1.0 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 21 15:54:15 EEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 15:30 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 14:20 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > * Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> > > http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/dovecot-1.1.0.tar.gz
> > > http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/dovecot-1.1.0.tar.gz.sig
> > >
> > > Two hours later than promised, I slept longer than intended. :)
> > >
> > > No changes since v1.1.rc13. Below are the largest changes since v1.0:
> >
> > After the switch I'm getting a lot of these messages:
> >
> > Jun 21 13:32:28 postamt dovecot: IMAP(haettasr): Broken file /home/h/a/haettasr/Maildir/.Sent Messages/dovecot-uidlist line 59: UID larger than next_uid (58 >= 58)
>
> These fix themselves automatically, but it would have been nice if they
> didn't happen in the first place. I know I've seen them once in a while
> myself while switching between v1.0 and v1.1, but I don't really know
> how to reproduce it.

Oh, I figured it out:

1. dovecot-uidlist is created by dovecot v1.0.
2. Dovecot v1.1 opens the mailbox and synchronizes it
3. Dovecot v1.1 writes a new mail, sees the mailbox is fully synced and
doesn't bother actually reading dovecot-uidlist, just appends the new
line using the new format.
4. IMAP/POP3 opens dovecot-uidlist, sees that the uidlist is in old
format but there's a newly added line in new format.

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/5a1cc688483b fixes this. I guess
it's time for v1.1.1 soon. :(