[Dovecot] Cygwin and dovecot-auth problems

Blacktate blacktate at yahoo.it
Sun Jun 22 02:46:09 EEST 2008

22/06/2008 1.21 - Timo Sirainen wrote:
> What about if you don't use inetd? That code is less tested than
> running dovecot directly.

| bash-3.2 > /usr/local/sbin/dovecot -F
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The info log says it starts up, and after a couple of seconds the error
log gets:

dovecot: Jun 22 01:33:08 Error: auth(default): Info: starting dovecot-auth

I can attach the core dump if you want, but consider that after 20 lines
or so it says:

9 [main] dovecot 19936 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping
state (probably corrupted stack)

> Instead of using a mail client to test, it's better to talk IMAP
> directly: http://wiki.dovecot.org/TestInstallation

Same behaviour (obviously starting from inetd):

| bash-3.2 > telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

There's no "* OK Dovecot ready.", and at this point the imap-login
process stays at 80-90% cpu. Anything I write is ignored. The log still
doesn't say anything about dovecot-auth until I stop the inetd service.

Angelo