[Dovecot] v1.0.13: maildirfolder not being created

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Sun Jun 22 16:52:57 EEST 2008

Hi,

    I'm using version 1.0.13 of dovecot. I know it's somewhat dated, but
that's the latest that Debian etch offers, and I would like to avoid
compiling by myself if possible.

    dovecot is not creating the 'maildirfolder' in folders that are
created via IMAP. Looking at the NEWS file, this was implemented in
v1.0.rc7, so my version should have that working already. Is there
anything else that needs to be done?

    Here's dovecot -n:
# 1.0.13: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
log_path: /var/log/dovecot/main.log
info_log_path: /var/log/dovecot/info.log
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/server.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/server.pem
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_processes_count: 1
first_valid_uid: 100
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location:
maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n/INBOX:INDEX=/home/vmail/%d/%n/dovecotidx
mail_plugins: quota imap_quota
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login cram-md5
  passdb:
    driver: passwd-file
    args: /home/vmail/%d/db/passwd
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: static
    args: uid=104 gid=8 home=/home/vmail/%d/%n
  userdb:
    driver: passwd
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
      mode: 438
plugin:
  quota: maildir:ignore=Trash

--
I want the presidency so bad I can already taste the hors d'oeuvres.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb