[Dovecot] 1.1 and the zlib plugin

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Jun 25 16:24:10 EEST 2008

On Wednesday, June 25 at 01:24 PM, quoth Ed W:
> Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>> Conveniently, there's the zlib plugin. From what I could tell from the
>> documentation, the compressed mbox names must end in ".gz",
>
> Not a solution, but I believe also now that you don't need to change the
> ending?  I think the plugin looks at the first few bytes to determine the
> type of the file?

I tried that... as you can see in my original email, it doesn't seem
to work.

I *have* been able to get the zlib plugin to work with compressed
messages in Maildirs (no gz extension), but I can't seem to get it to
work with compressed mboxes. :(

~Kyle
--
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for
complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple;