[Dovecot] Quota Check: fs with multiple "noenforcing" mount point

Grandy Fu cswfu at comp.polyu.edu.hk
Mon Jun 30 04:19:33 EEST 2008

Hi,

It seems my previous mail has been lost, I apologize if this is a duplicate.

I am using Dovecot 1.1.1 with user's INBOX in /var/mail and other
folders in their home directories. I have setup  file system  quota on
/var/mail to limit their usage. I would like dovecot to display such
information in IMAP client and ignore all others.

OS: Solaris 10
Dovecot version : 1.1.1
file system of /var/mail : NFS from Solaris
file system of /home : other NFS server that not support rquotad.

Here is my setting that works:
----------------------------
plugin {
quota  = fs:INBOX:mount=/var/mail
quota2  = fs:home:noenforcing:mount=/home/h1
}

Unfortunately, I have many different mount points for different users,
so I changed my settings to:
plugin {
quota  = fs:INBOX:mount=/var/mail
quota2  = fs:home:noenforcing:mount=/home/h1
quota3  = fs:home:noenforcing:mount=/home/h2
quota4  = fs:home:noenforcing:mount=/home/h3
}

The result is... Devocolt is not able to get quota information anymore.
Any suggestions?