[Dovecot] quota & delete

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Sat Mar 1 02:21:06 EET 2008

Words by Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo [Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:14:33AM +0100]:
> Hy
>  I use dovecot with quota support.
> I did a test with a   webmail client (roundcube) & quota= 10 M
>   when I have used 100% of the quota assigned to the  mail account , I
> cannot delete any mail
> Is it possible to create a kind of warning mail about 80% of quota use
> or overpass quota for
> delete operations?

You can set an extra quota to Trash folder to prevent this from
happening. For example adding to the plugin{} configuration:

quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=102400

you will get an extra 100MB of quota usable for Trash.

This only works in 1.0 with the quota-rewrite patch:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/New

--
Jose Celestino