[Dovecot] different mail_locations

Antonio Casado Rodríguez acasado at ual.es
Mon Mar 3 12:45:30 EET 2008

Timo Sirainen escribió:
> On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 12:52 +0100, Antonio Casado Rodríguez wrote:
>

>> I need a user with mail_location in /var/spool/mail/foo (in aliases,
>> root: foo)and the rest users in /Correo/mail/
>>
>> I have seen override mail_executable, but it not work with dovecot_lda
>> and postfix (local mailer).
>>
>> I have thinked about:   mail_location: maildir:%h/..
>>

> That should work if your home directories are set correctly.

Yes, it work well. But the mail still not arrived.

How do I configure /bin/mail to arrive mails with postfix and dovecot
off? I use dovecot-lda

# su - myuser -c 'echo $MAIL; echo $HOME'
/var/spool/mail/myuser
/var/spool/mail/myuser/home

# echo hello | mail myuser        (work if postfix is on and dovecot is off)