[Dovecot] Outlook 2003 marks email for deletion

Jan van den Berg jan.vandenberg at isp.solcon.nl
Tue Mar 4 17:47:26 EET 2008

Hi,

It seems it might have something to do with the Junk email setting.
I noticed all the marked-for-deletion mail was automatically moved to
the 'Junk email' folder.
But here is what I don't understand:

Why my previous Courier IMAP server never did this; with the same
Outlook Junk email settings.

What is so specific about Dovecot that this happens? Could it be that
Dovecot and Outlook have a certain negotiation about this. Outlook sends
a message to Dovecot about a Junk email and Dovecot then moves this. Can
this be confirmed? Can I look for this 'negotiation' in strace?

Cheers,

Jan