[Dovecot] auth_debug_passwords only on mismatches?

Mike cbrmike at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:02:07 EET 2008

>From the configuration notes (1.0.10), it sounds like setting
'auth_debug_passwords' will only log the user supplied password if there was
a mismatch.. When I set it (with auth_debug=no), I get a good amount of auth
debug info, regardless of password matching..

------
dovecot.conf:
# In case of password mismatches, log the passwords and used scheme so the
# problem can be debugged. Requires auth_debug=yes to be set.
auth_debug_passwords = yes
------

I'm basically looking to just add a "login failed" line, with the username,
and supplied passsword when a mismatch occurs..
Is there currently a way to do this without modifying the code?

Thanks!

-Mike