[Dovecot] User Unknown Sendmail Error

Paul Roberts proberts2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:44:34 EET 2008

I am totally stumped here.  I have setup a dovecot user and I can telnet to
port 110 and login no problem with that user.  When I try to send mail I get
an error from sendmail:
Mar  4 13:39:56 flashyhome sendmail[5014]: m24JdtGp005014: <paul at fleeky.com>...
User unknown

Now apparenly I need to setup the sendmail.mc file...which I have:

MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl
MAILER(dovecot)

And:

more /usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/dovecot.m4
###   DOVECOT Mailer specification                              ###
Mdovecot,   P=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver, F=DFMPhnu9,
                 S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,
                 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                 A=deliver -d $u

If anyone can give me any advice on what I need to do it would be much
appreciated.  Thanks so much in advance!

-Paul