[Dovecot] Future enhancement of imap: sorting?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 7 04:07:16 EET 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 20:59 -0500, Andy Dills wrote:

> As nice as it is, it's still a personal solution. In my mind we need to
> have standardized, server-side, MUA-independant sorting rules that get
> invoked when a mailbox is checked. Thoughts?

Filtering is a better name for this, took me a few paragraphs before I
understood what you meant by sorting. :)

You could already create a plugin that runs a command when it sees new
messages in a mailbox. I'm not really interested in writing this
feature..

A somewhat related feature that I'm going to implement is virtual
mailboxes where messages are shown according to specified search rules.