[Dovecot] store sieve scripts with maildir

Samuel HAMEAU samuel.hameau at opentrust.com
Fri Mar 7 16:16:38 EET 2008

> Actually, there is no problem with the deliver : it displays a warning
> if the home directory overrided by the variable "home" (in my conf) is
> not existent, and it uses the right sieve script according to the
> "sieve" variable described in the plugin section.
>
> However, pysieved (using auth-master socket) does not get the right
> value for "sieve" and "home" variables (or at least pysieved does not
> get the right value for sieve scripts location).
>
> Is a dovecot or pysieved issue ?

To make it clear and end up the thread, the deliver does use the
home/sieve variables described in the plugin section.
However, the auth-master socket (that i use with a frontend to manage my
sieve scripts) does not use them.

There is then 4 choices :
* make my own dovecot patch making the master socket or userdb-ldap read
plugin's variables (tricky,might be hazardous for an uninitiated?)
* use dovecot 1.1.* and overriding the home attribute value in
user_attr (dovecot-ldap.conf)
* patch my application (here pysieved)
* use the dovecot managesieve patch (if managesieve reads plugin's
variables??)

I would have appreciated to see that there is a proper way to change the
sieve scripts location with dovecot 1.0.x which works with pysieved (and
at least ldap userdb). As I have mentioned, there are solutions. Thanks
anyway for this great software.

sam