[Dovecot] User another userdb to sasl

Nicolas Letellier nicolas at nicoelro.net
Fri Mar 7 19:35:28 EET 2008

Hello,

I use Dovecot 1.0.12 with Postfix on FreeBSD. It works perfectly, but I
have a question. My users are virtual (stocked in a MySQL database).
I use SASL Dovecot authentification, and SASL uses my userdb (for
POP/IMAP access).

However, I would like my users have an other login/password to send
email with SMTP/SASL. Or, I don't want my users use the same
login/password for POP/IMAP than SMTP. More, I don't want some users
could send emails with their login/password, but I want they can fetch
their mails.

I'm looking for an option in my dovecot.conf to specifie a table SQL for
SASL authentification (and don't use same table SQL than IMAP/POP access).

How I could do for this problem? Do you have an idea? Or, simply, is it
possible with Dovecot SASL? I read all Dovecot wiki, with no results...

Thanks very much.

Nicolas