[Dovecot] Quota Problem?

Michel Vega Fuenzalida adminred at claraz.ijv.sld.cu
Sat Mar 8 20:18:01 EET 2008

Good list

I am not very good with English.

I use dovecot-1.0-1.2.rc15.el5.x86_64rpm for Centos 5.1, Maildir like
mailbox and I have
it configured as it continues:

base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
protocols = imaps pop3s imap
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
protocol imap {
    mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
    mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
}
protocol pop3 {
    pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
    mail_plugins = quota
    mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
}
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
log_timestamp = "%b %d %H:%M:%S "
syslog_facility = mail

auth default {
   mechanisms = plain #login digest-md5 cram-md5
   passdb pam {
         }
   userdb passwd {
    }
   user = root
    }
plugin {
   quota = maildir
   quota = maildir:ignore=Trash
}

the problem resides in the quota, when I make:

#du - sh /home/muti/Maildir/
160M    /home/michelvf/Maildir/

And in the file /home/muti/Maildir/maildirsize appears:
204800000S
138594655 4180

This doesn't belong together with the real size of the mailbox. That
is to say that it is
not real, is this normal? or I have not well configured dovecot.conf,
I really want that
through the file maildirsize, to have control of the quota.

Greetings
--
Usemos el Software Libre "Con todos y para el bien de todos."
               Jose Marti, 26 de noviembre de 1891, Tampa.

Michel Vega Fuenzalida.            Usuario Linux: 353763
(http://counter.li.org)
Coordinador Grupo: Linux-Pinero.
Administrador de Red.
ELAM "Clara Zetkin" Teléfono: 53 (01) 52193107 ext 115.
Isla de la Juventud. Cuba.