[Dovecot] Setting individual SSL/TLS settings with OpenLDAP

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Sun Mar 9 21:41:49 EET 2008

I am using OpenLDAP to read Dovecot User settings and want to use TLS for
user_attrs and pass_attrs queries.

So I set "tls = yes" and it kept failing until I told the OpenLDAP ldap client
in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf where the CA certificate can be found.

So far so good. Now just in case... could I tell dovecot to read the OpenLDAP
client settings from a non default configuration file e.g.
/etc/dovecot/ldaprc.

I know Cyrus SASL can do this with the ldapdb plugin and I'd be interested if
this is possible with Dovecot too.

TIA,

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de