[Dovecot] Telephone systems and Dovecot

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 00:59:34 EET 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Jonathan Knight
<j.knight at kis.keele.ac.uk> wrote:

>  I was wondering whether anyone had any documentation on the differences
>  between using Dovecot with a master user and using exchange/notes with a
>  master user.  In other words if the telephone exchange says it fully
>  support Exchange/Notes how much work should I expect in getting it to
>  work with dovecot?

I would look directly at Exchange IMAP performance (and specify your
exchange version). I have never found exchange IMAP to work well for
end user clients, either it bangs the server senseless.

But if you were to compare MSIMAP to Dovecot you might only need to
look for some MSIMAP woes in google, particularly in large email files
(large in this case meaning something with an 2mb attachment or so)
and moving large folders.

But obviously specialize gateways like Blackberry or what not work
just fine so this might as well. And obviously its only dealing with a
specific client task.

--
Gabriel Millerd