[Dovecot] imap sent-mail folder sometimes dosen't get updated when used by more than a mailer at the same time.

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:39:05 EET 2008

 Tim Alberts wrote:
> [..] I'm finding that using multiple clients at the same time, changes are not
> immediately posted so viewing the same account with thunderbird on one
> machine and outlook on another, it appears to get out of sync.  Seems
> mostly the 'delete' or 'move' commands don't actually happen until the
> client program is closed.

Mmm.. the fact I'm reporting is different: you noticed that changes
don't appear immediately when using multiple clients because of local
caching.

Here it happens that mail isn't actually written to an imap folder (sent mail).

Closing all instances and opening a new one doesn't get the lost mail back.

When it happens with thunderbird, the user gets an error stating that
the mail can't be saved.
With other mail clients nothing is said and the mail is just lost.

Regards,
Diego.