[Dovecot] LDA log_path

jalal the.jalal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:20:04 EET 2008

Hi all

I've just transferred a server from one machine to another. The only
remaining dovecot problem I have is that the dovecot deliver program
isn't writing a log file. I have this in the conf file:

protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = cmusieve
  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib64/dovecot/lda
  # setup log files:
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
}

but that file doesn't get written. The dovecot.log and
dovecot_info.log files do get written and I've tried creating/touching
the deliver log, but that doesn't seem to help at all.

If I don't create /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log it doesn't get created
by dovecot.

If I use 'log_path = /tmp/dovecot-deliver.log' the file will get
created but will remain empty.

Anyone have an idea on how I can track this down? I like to have logs :)

dovecot 1.0.12, CentOS 5/64 bit on a Virtuozzo  VPS.

TIA