[Dovecot] Dovecot and kmail IMAP resources

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:53:18 EET 2008

For some time now I have been trying to get IMAP resources working on KMail.
I have followed the docs from kde, but they tell how to configure cyrus IMAP,
so I've had to learn as I went along.

After a lot of help from the postfix list I now have a working sasl.  The
ability of the user 'groupware' to log in with PLAIN has been checked in a
telnet session.  Everything in KMail has been set up as in the documentation,
but it doesn't work.  Now I'm wondering if anything in my dovecot
configuration needs changing.

dovecot -n

# /etc/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
log_path: /var/log/mail/mail
info_log_path: /var/log/mail/mail.info
protocols: imap
listen: *:143
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir/
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks: yes
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  debug: yes
  debug_passwords: yes
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: passwd
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-auth
      mode: 432
      user: postfix
      group: postfix
    master: