[Dovecot] Manage sieve scripts in squirrelmail

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Tue Mar 25 23:19:52 EET 2008

Nicolas Letellier wrote:
> Alex a écrit :
>> I must have managesieve daemon on the server side ( look for approriate
>> info in wiki.dovecot.org.
> >
> What managesieve? The pyton implementation or the dovecot native
> managesieve?
There is no "native" managesieve at this moment - there is only patch
for this. As far I have tested in on my production servers (abut 1 year)
it works well.  There is only one problem - once it is applied sieve is
integrated part of  dovecot.  Originally sieve is just optional plugin.
This why author of dovecot don't include managesieve patch in stable
branch. Otherwise you can use this patch safely - there is no known
serious problems with it.

btw: dovecot's sieve implementation is taken from Cyrus.  This means
dovecot's sieve works with all sieve clients/backends developed for
Cyrus (you can even configure it claim itself as Cyrus for clients which
checks exactly for Cyrus sieve implementation).

> Thanks.
>
>  - Nicolas.

Uldis