[Dovecot] xexec and dovecot 1.1

Wed Mar 26 13:43:11 EET 2008

On 3/25/2008 2:20 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:
>> But when I was sitting here watching a large email I had just sent
>> copying to the Sent folder, just minutes after reading your message -
>> it  hit me that this would be one very real benefit to it...

> Yes - my idea isn't for Dovecot to be an SMTP server. As you know IMAP
> can move messages from the client to the server. My idea is that you add
> the ability to move it to the server and then hand it off to a real SMTP
> server for delivery. IMAP is just being used as a transport to upload
> the message past various port blocks. Does this make sense?

Of course... this is the part I saw some value in.

But what I meant was, I had seen some messages from you in the past
(many months ago) suggesting changes the the IMAP protocol in general
that would allow the execution of arbitrary code to do arbitrary things.
*This* is what I didn't like.

--

Best regards,

Charles