[Dovecot] Dovecot dying when deliver is called

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu May 15 20:01:38 EEST 2008

MyGoddess wrote:
> Oh, yes, thank you.
>
> It think the issue comes because in a previous version, the info_log_path
> for the lda was copied from its log_path and not from the master
> info_log_path.

I ran into this same problem - and it doesn't fail gracefully either - at least with 1.0.rc15-2etch4.

If the permissions aren't there it shouldn't hang the calling MTA.

The more I think about this - LDA really should be part of the MTA and not separate - I would love
to see a dovecot switch in exim - "maildir_format = dovecot" which would simplify the permissions
mess.  With the wonders of GPLed code this is a possibility.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

The whole point of this sentence is to make clear what
the whole point of this sentence is.
--Douglas R. Hofstadter