[Dovecot] pam_start() failed: system error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 18 18:20:14 EET 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 16:02 +0100, Peter Orlowski wrote:
> dovecot runs fine for 3-10 days, then people can't connect any
> more, and dovecot says:
>
> Nov 18 13:20:44 dizzy dovecot-auth: pam_ldap: ldap_simple_bind Can't contact LDAP server

Set to nonzero:

# Number of auth requests to handle before destroying the process. This may
# be useful if PAM plugins leak memory.
#auth_worker_max_request_count = 0

> I have tried different settings for worker_max_count,

This only changes the max. number of worker processes, on a non-loaded
server changing it does practically nothing.

> and I had blocking=no in the passdb config

v1.1 no longer has blocking=no.