[Dovecot] dovecot-shared Problem

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Thu Dec 3 05:37:08 EET 2009

On ons 02 dec 2009 22:27:34 CET, Frank Cusack wrote

> On December 2, 2009 9:58:59 PM +0100 Benny Pedersen <me at junc.org> wrote:
>> On ons 02 dec 2009 17:37:54 CET, Frank Cusack wrote
>>> I don't understand how a backup daemon could work if it isn't run as
>>> root.
>> imapsync, root is never needed, not even unsecure permissions is needed
> i was thinking backup daemon "in general", since the OP talked about
> file permissions.

file permissions change to make a backup ?

> with imapsync file permissions wouldn't seem to
> come into play?

same problem exists for backup of runnning mysql server, one have to
dump db before it can be backupped

never make backup on live files

i have thinked about make backup of email aswell but i found it hard
to do anything there, since its part of the problem to get the restore
done

--
xpoint