[Dovecot] Max IMAP fodlers

dmiller at amfes.com dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Dec 8 20:53:57 EET 2009

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:28:03 -0800, Jeffrey Nikoletich
<jeffrey at nikoletich.com> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Is there plans for folder quotas in the future?
>
> Also how would i change the layout of an existing maildir?
>
> # v1.1+ only:
> mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs
> Can I just change for that user and it will convert it? or does the
> folders have to by physically moved as well.

I don't think the convert plugin would do this, but another alternative
would be a multi-account MUA like Thunderbird.  Create a new account with
the LAYOUT=fs and verify it's setup properly.  Then you can drag-n-drop
from the old account to the new.  Then, depending on your daring, can
simply delete the old account and rename the base folder of the new account
back to the old name.

Just don't drag over too many folders at once...

--
Daniel