[Dovecot] [patch] 'c' and 'd' in setacl

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Fri Feb 6 13:29:02 EET 2009

Hi Timo,
Hi *,

I just recognized that the new imap-acl plugin in dovecot 1.2 does not
know the obsolete rights 'd' and 'c' when setting.  According to RFC
4314 section 2.1.1.:

    If a client includes the "d" right in a rights list, then it MUST be
    treated as if the client had included every member of the "delete"
    right.

and

    If a client includes the "c" right in a rights list, then it MUST be
    treated as if the client had included every member of the "create"
    right.

Unfortunatly there are actually clients which depend on this behavior.

I attached a rather rough[0] patch which implements this.

cheers
sascha

[0] I don't like the use of static indexes witch imap_acl_letter_map but
    currently I wasn't able to decide on a more elegant solution.
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/