[Dovecot] Can't remove folder (no thunderbird issue)

Jan Niggemann jn at hz6.de
Thu Feb 12 11:34:32 EET 2009

Hi,

first of all: yes, I already dug the internet but didn't find a solution - that's why I'm asking you.
My provider uses dovecot, although I can't tell you more about the version - sorry. Mail is stored in mbox format.

My trouble:
I was unable to create subfolders and googled a bit. A proposed solution was to append a slash at the end of the folder name.
I used Thunderbird to create a folder and called it "test/" (yes, with a slash).

Now, in both, Thunderbird and Mulberry, I'm unable to delete that folder (that contains neither messages nor subfolders). Mulberry doesn't give an error message, and in Thunderbird I can't find an option to remove this folder (no matter if subscribed or not).

My provider uses roundcube as a webmail interface. Trying to delete the folder there seems to work OK, but after refreshing the folder-view it re-appears.

I have no (ssh|telnet|...) access to the server, so I can't remove the folder using the shell..
Do I have other options than calling support?

Thank you already
jan