[Dovecot] dovecot v 1.1.11 3 part cert from godaddy problems.

Terry Moore planohog at gmail.com
Fri May 1 22:43:05 EEST 2009

Problem,
Unable to identifie smtp.solutions.com as a trusted site.
with thunderbird, and MS outbreak is failing too.

server works great with the dialog box being clicked over and over.

part of the info in the cert.

Object Identifier (2 5 4 5 ) = 07969287
CN = Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority
OU = http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository
O = GoDaddy.com, Inc.
L = Scottsdale
ST = Arizona
C = US

dovecot.conf

ssl_cert_file = /NFS/exim/new.pem
ssl_key_file = /NFS/exim/smtp.solutions.com.key  { created the  req for cert
with this
key  on  this server }

inside the new.pem
smtp.solutions.com.crt   ( paid $29 for this )
gd-class2-root.crt
gd_intermediate.crt

I have tried many tests  about 5 hours worth using
the ssl_ca_file and pointing it to different files I have from godaddy.
and various combinations of things I found on the net.

can anybody provide a cookie cutter   here do this:
with a godaddy $29 dollar ssl cert..
to get this dovecot server running..

{ by the way I have great luck in apache with these things.. }

thanks in advance

Terry