[Dovecot] Maildir bugs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 5 00:50:44 EEST 2009

I just found out that when using deliver or saving mails with IMAP
APPEND command there was all kinds of race condition bugs that could
cause e.g.:

dovecot-uidlist: Duplicate file entry at line 18: 1241457213.M690227P32531.host,W=3359:2,T (uid 170019 -> 170020)

And who knows what else.

If you've run into those problems, these patches should help:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/6bbe27c32cb8
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/003bebac2c76
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/96c8632775df

They are pretty large though, hopefully won't break anything. But at
least my stress tests can no longer break it. I'll probably release
v1.1.15 RC in a few days so at least some people can try to break it
before the final v1.1.15 :)