[Dovecot] fts-solr plugin issue (Marked invalid)

Nikolai Derzhak nikolai at 6zap.com
Tue May 5 15:01:52 EEST 2009

On Mon, 05/04/2009 at 6:23pm, "Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On May 4, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Nikolai Derzhak wrote:
>
>> OK. Concentrating problem in one question.
>> How to ignore "bad" message and index next one in indexing procedure
>> (fts plugin) ?.
>> Now, one "error 500" from solr and dovecot (# 1.1.11: /etc/dovecot/
>> dovecot.conf
>> # OS: Linux 2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen i686 Ubuntu 8.04.2 ext3
>> ) stop and each next search query repeat the story.
>
> Maybe simply using 1.1.14 would help? I already fixed one Solr issue: http://
> hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/678c3252a454

I've merge back this commit to 1.1.11 code, cause this is my request about special chars ;).

> If that's not the problem, it would help to have one of those mails
> that breaks it.
Yes. Now i have two new issue:
1. "Content-Type:" header in mail wrong - so it's TEXT/mspowerpoint for example, but it's binary *.ppt  file.
2. many html from repository change-set(many commit's to html) in text/plain mail

In both cases we have "Error 500" from solr (HTMLStripReader class) (in solr log: "Marked inlalid").
And in both cases we can not detect this in dovecot code (or it's hard to do).
So for now i need some method to ignore "bad" messages.
Because we can not catch all variants, but indexing die on first error like this.