[Dovecot] Quota over NFS

Flavio Costa flavio.cdc at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:23:40 EEST 2009

Hey,

I've been strugling to get quota working on my enviroment.

I have one storage server that exports the 'home' dir.
My mail server mounts the exported 'home' server at '/home'

# dovecot --version
> 1.1.14

I'm also running Postfix and using Dovecot/LDA as MDA so that we can use the
Dovecot's Quota plugin.

The thing is that if the user has exceeded it's quota the LDA detects it and
I get a response from postmaster warning me that the INBOX is full.
But through IMAP, if I issue :

> C: 1 GETQUOTAROOT INBOX
> S: * QUOTAROOT INBOX ""
> S: 1 OK Getquota complete
>
> There's no:

> * QUOTA "" (STORAGE 10 512)
>
> I've tried using this plugin for Thunderbird:
https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-BR/thunderbird/addon/881
And also tested issuing commands by hand.

Running 'quota' on the console works just fine, that means that rpc.rquotad
is running smoothly.

# quota USER
> Disk quotas for user coutinho (uid 1191):
>      Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
> grace
> home.mail:/home
>                  166264* 102400  153600            3013       0
> 0

Thanks in advance for you help.

--
Flávio Coutinho da Costa