[Dovecot] Problem with IMAP (rename and delete non existent folder).

jsiegle at psu.edu jsiegle at psu.edu
Fri May 8 16:56:06 EEST 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Lenthir wrote:
> Not exacly this way :/
> I checked this scenario and It works for me...
> Don't create this folder!
>
> Could you test this scenario?
>
> (after login)
> 1 delete "kj-test-folder"
> 1 NO [NONEXISTENT] Folder does not exist
> 2 rename "kj-test-folder"
> 2 NO Empty mailbox name.
> 3 rename "kj-test-folder" "other-folder"
> (Here communication hangs, when GDB is running I've got SIGABRT.)

1 delete "kj-test-folder"
1 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: kj-test-folder
2 rename "kj-test-folder"
2 NO Empty mailbox name.
3 rename "kj-test-folder" "other-folder"
3 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: kj-test-folder
4 logout
* BYE Logging out
4 OK Logout completed.

> (after login)
> 1 delete "some-unexistent-folder"
> 1 NO [NONEXISTENT] Folder does not exist
> 2 rename "some-unexistent-folder" "some-other-name"
> (Here communication hangs, when GDB is running I've got SIGABRT.)
>
> Could you test this?

1 delete "some-unexistent-folder"
* BAD Error in IMAP command 1: Unknown command.
2 rename "some-unexistent-folder" "some-other-name"
2 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: some-unexistent-folder
3 logout
* BYE Logging out
3 OK Logout completed.

If nothing else, build the latest version and install in a different
prefix then listen on another port.

-Jonathan