[Dovecot] NTLM configuration

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 11 19:02:12 EEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 11:47 +0200, Cédric Laruelle wrote:
> dovecot: May 11 11:40:35 Info: auth(default): winbind(?,192.168.0.254): user not authenticated: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER
..
> It says the user does not exist, but I use the same user as the one in command line with ntlm_auth.
> Actually, I'm not sure which user is passed in, as it is Outlook that send the NTLM hash to dovecot. Is there a way to track ? Is it the auth_username_format which is incorrect ?

I've no idea what the problem is exactly, but the "winbind(?,..)" part
shows the username being "?", which means Dovecot doesn't know it.
That's because winbind does all the NTLM parsing and Dovecot doesn't
know the username until the authentication succeeds. So
auth_username_format etc. won't have any effect on winbind
authentication.

Maybe you can enable some debug logging in Samba side?