[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0.7 domain variable

elliott at n.0o0.bz elliott at n.0o0.bz
Wed May 13 05:37:08 EEST 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:31:19PM -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 22:17 -0700, elliott at n.localhost wrote:
>
> > but from debug output I see the domain is blank:
> >
> > dovecot: May 10 20:49:25 Info: IMAP(elliott): maildir: data=/var/mail/vhosts//elliott
> >
> > I've set elliott at n.0o0.bz as my username in Outlook so it is sending the domain (and changed auth_username_format to "auth_username_format = %n" so authentication works fine)
>
> Having auth_username_format=%n changes the username to only "user" and
> the domain is gone. You'd need to do it in some other way.

Okay, I've now also tried changing "auth_username_format = %n-%d" and adding a user for each account.  Authentication works fine but I still get "maildir: data=/var/mail/vhosts//elliott-n.0o0.bz" in the logs!  What's the deal?  When does the %d variable get set and how can I use it??

Thanks for any pointers!

-elliott-