[Dovecot] X-UIDL Ignored?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 13 19:32:47 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 20:32 +1000, Benjamin Wakefield wrote:
> I have the X-UIDL head in the message.
>
> I have pop3_reuse_xuidl(pop3): yes

That should do it.

> The INBOX is an mbx file not Maildir.

You mean mbox. mbx is a different format.

> Should this work? Have I missed something?

It should work, and it works in my test:

printf 'From user at domain  Wed Apr 22 13:48:08 2009\nX-UIDL: hello\n' > ~/mail/inbox

telnet localhost pop3
..
uidl
+OK
1 hello
.

One possibility could be that dovecot.index.cache has cached wrong UIDL.
You could try deleting ~/mail/.imap/ directory. If that doesn't help,
the only thing I can think of is that there really isn't a X-UIDL header
or the setting really isn't somehow enabled..