[Dovecot] IMAP subfolders and MBOX format

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Thu May 14 15:11:16 EEST 2009

Hello folks

I have a problem related to the mbox format I think

First we use MBOX format with Dovecot 1.14

A user's here need to create some subfolders in his Imap space.

Due to the use of MBOX format this is impossible from thunderbird
as you cannot creat a directory in a file :-)

So to help him I created manually on the mail server some directories
into his imap space,

Doing so we are able to see the folder and subfolders but it is not
possible to move some other folders into the subfolder via the
thunderdird client.

Anyone to help me a bit ?

Note : on another machine which use the Maildir format I can do
whatever I want without problem.

Thanks a lot.