[Dovecot] latest update dovecot 1.2 breaks Error: imap dump-capability

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon May 18 02:24:31 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 22:23 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Robert Schetterer schrieb:
>>> Hi Timo,
>>> lates update 1.2 seems to break something
>>> it gives me
>>>
>>> Fio_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 0): Operation not permitted
>>>
>>> Error: imap dump-capability: Couldn't read capability (got 0 bytes)
>>> Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>>>
>>> at restart, nothing in the conf changed
>>>
>>> Any Idea?
>>> Regards
>> get fixed with disable rawlog
>
> Apparently you had also created /tmp/dovecot.rawlog? That's the only way
> I can reproduce it.
Hi Timo, youre right

And since it's probably not very common to have that
> directory, I don't think I'll bother doing anything to fix it.

ok for me, but one problem stays,  rawlog behavior changed in 1.2 during
updates
it should prefer home setting in plugin section ( as before )
and dont use home info from i.e sql, but that maybe related to
namespace_1 settings in sql for use with virtual plugin now
but what makes me wonder was , that rawlog does not ignore of double
slashes to directory statements, after all not big stuff, just was
a little bit strange during debug testing configs

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria