[Dovecot] How to run Dovecot as IMAP Proxy?

Justin Krejci jkrejci at usinternet.com
Fri May 22 01:06:24 EEST 2009

You can also use pimpstat to monitor the effectiveness of imapproxy. We had
imapproxy running running in front of squirrelmail for a post.office IMAP
server (based on uw-imap). We eventually went into the code for imapproxy
and tweaked some of the SELECT caching and even tweaked some of the
squirrelmail imap code a bit to be more efficient with the proxy.

Now we are using Dovecot without imapproxy in front of squirrelmail and
there are no problems.