[Dovecot] How to run Dovecot as IMAP Proxy?

V S Rao viriyala at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 07:26:13 EEST 2009

So I guess I will take the problem to imapproxy group and find out if I can get a clue to the issue I am facing.

BTW, just to confirm once again, are there any known issues with Dovecot & imapproxyd? Because I find it strange that there should be around 8000 established connections between Squirrelmail and imapproxyd & around 400 connections between imapproxyd and Dovecot while on the mail server I see only a couple of connections (typically around 40). Or is it some configuration in Dovecot which is causing this kind of behavior, as I did not notice this while running uw-imap.

Regards
V S Rao